Friday 16 February 2018

NEW JOB


I often have situations when someone asks if I have a card they could take for a particular event, or I personally need one for a particular event, and I don't have one available.  Then I have to rush one out - something I hate doing!  

I decided to start working on a few cards, covering a variety of situations, to have in my stash, ready for situations just like this.  This is the first.

I have used one of the brand new digis from the Polkadoodles Winnie Celebrations 2 collection, called New Job, and coloured her with markers.  The background paper and sentiment are from the same collection, and the dotty paper I've printed the sentiment on, is from the Winnie Celebrations 3 collection.

The sentiment was cut out using a Poppy Crafts stitched die.  

To create the background, I first coloured the floor and a plain colour for the wall (which became the grouting sections).  I then used a Tim Holtz brick stencil and distress ink to create the bricks.  The be able to get the background right up to the stamp, I photocopied my coloured stamp and cut her out, creating a 'mask', which I then laid on top of my coloured stamp, protecting it from my background inks as I sponged them on - a technique my very talented sister shared with me - thanks Pat!!


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Create & Inspire Challenge 71: Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs February Challenge: Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts Challenge #233: Anything Goes

Thanks so much for popping in for a look!

Linda

5 comments:

  1. A fabulous card. Great image...love the background x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Lin!!! I am in love with this card. Your background turned out beautifully and I love your stamp. She is coloured beautifully. I may have the idea but you make it happen and its stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brick stencil works so well for this image! Great idea to stock up on cards for unique situations! This one is so perfect!

    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to become Lottery Winner so I was searching on Google about idea lottery winner 2018. Please tell me are you offering?
    Idea winner 2018

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is fantastic. Your coloring is top notch. Thanks for playing along at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!